There is nothing better than a wine and cheese that pair beautifully together - the perfect night in! Whether it's on your own, with a mate, date, or entertaining, these combos are bound to please.
1. Shiraz with Castello Creamy Blue
Open a Forest Hill Vineyard Estate Shiraz ($29) which is powerful enough to match this iconic blue cheese. Serve directly from your DiVino wine fridge and enjoy!
2. Bordeaux with Truffle Cheese
Make sure to choose a cheese with real truffle in it, not truffle oil. Pair with a Bordeaux, which is a red blend from the Bordeaux region in France. Such as this Chateau Mazeris Canon Fronsac 2016 ($40) which is a Merlot / Cabernet Franc blend.
3. Malbec with Red Leicester
Bodega Catena Zapata High Mountain Vines Malbec ($30) from Argentina, or Spinifex Solana ($42) from the Barossa Valley complements nicely a Red Leicester cheese. Try this for yourself!
4. Louis Bouillot Perle de Vigne with Blue Cheese
Cremant de Bourgogne is a sparkling from the Burgundy region in France, a great alternative to champagne. It perfectly balances a sharp blue cheese. Try Louis Bouillot Perle de Vigne Grand Reserve NV, for $35 you'll be surprised that it isn't champagne!
5. Wine with Mersey Valley sharp and crumbly cheddar
Popular on an Aussie cheeseboard, this iconic cheddar pairs well with:
- a slightly oaked Chardonnay like: Dawning Day Chardonnay ($38),
- a medium-bodied Shiraz such as: Toolangi Paul’s Lane Shiraz ($31), or
- a sparkling like: Domaine Huet Vouvray Pétillant Brut ($75)
Try these delish pairings for yourself and tell us which is your favourite!